Canadian Douglas-Fir has a long-standing reputation for its distinctive natural attributes, including strength and beauty. It is used for solid doors and door frames, furniture and general millwork. Due to its extraordinary strength-to-weight ratio and availability in large dimensions, Canadian Douglas-Fir is also very common in construction.
- Good surface quality
- Excellent strength and workability
- Good machining qualities; turns, planes and shapes well
- Excellent screw-holding and resistance to splitting
- Bonds well with a range of adhesives under a range of bonding conditions
- Excellent sanding, staining and painting properties